The Eastern Lancaster County Library has 8 public computers with Internet access and two online catalogs on the main floor. The Children’s Library has 3 children’s computer with Internet access and 2 online catalogs on the lower level. The lower level computers are reserved for use by children under of the age of 16 and parents accompanied by young children. There are several programs and services available on the computers, including word processing, Internet browsing, online database access and more. Anyone wanting to use our public computers will need to log in using their library card. If you do not have a library card, you’ll need to complete a Library Card Application and bring it to the circulation desk to obtain one.
Rules Governing Use
- All users must have a valid card from a library from a Library System of Lancaster County and must have no outstanding fines and/or fees.
- Users in posession of a valid Lancaster County Library Card will not be issued a guest pass.
- Visitors 18 years or older without a library card from the Library System of Lancaster County can be issued guest passes. Photo ID must be shown at the circulation desk to verify age and a Lancaster County library account does not exist.
- All users, including visitors using a guest pass, must sign the Library’s Computer User Contract, prior to use of the Network.
- Anyone under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian co-sign, in person, in the presence of the library staff, The Public Libraries of Lancaster County Cooperative Internet and Computer Use Policy.
- No more than two Users may use one workstation at any time.
- Users will refrain from using cell phones at the public computers, as well as any sounds or visuals which might be disruptive to others.
- Users may download only that information which is legal to copy.
- Users are responsible for each page they print. The cost per page is $.25 for black & white and $.50 for color regardless of mistakes.
- Restriction of a child’s access to the Network (Internet/Personal Computer) is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian. The Library does not have the right or responsibility to act in the place of the parent.
- Please read the Public Libraries of Lancaster County Cooperative Internet and Computer Use Policy that governs the usage of the public computers and wireless network.